The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Wolf Anyone?

As I was having a heated (yet respectful) debate with a liberal relative I haven't seen in many moons, I was reminded of the old story I heard growing up called "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." If you're unfamiliar with it, look it up and pay close attention to the lesson the story imparts. 
The reason I was reminded of it was that when I pointed out many of the lies & scandals of the Obama administration, my dear uncle had heard enough & informed me that I'm a racist. Meeeee? "Yes, you! You hate it that a black man is in the White House!" I resisted the urge to point out that he's actually only half black, no slave blood, and the description he used is widely unpopular with the liberal crowd. But, being the consummate 'bigger man' I resisted.
Anyway...
Me, with a spouse not of my race; me, friends of nearly every race I can think of; me, one of the few kids who was friends with my high school's only student of African decent (we'll call him Stan) & remained his friend even when he came out of the closet. Keep in mind folks, this was "Smallville USA" at a time when that wasn't so popular. Yeah, I was ostracized & got in some fights over this. But Stan was a good person, that's all I knew or needed. The whole point of this paragraph was to point out stuff that dear uncle knows.
The accusation barely registered with me. Why you may ask? Because I've heard this waaaayyyy too many times. Not only from liberals who are losing to me in a debate, but from the likes of the MSNBC crowd. Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Ed Shulze and the usual bouquet of useful idiots.  in Hollywood.
Liberals, this tactic may have worked about 10 years ago but your overuse of it in recent years has watered it down. Years back if you accused someone of being a racist you could get them to give up their own mother and back-peddle any opinion they had just to prove their innocence. Today, not so much. You throw the accusation about on a whim when you don't have a constructive retort to support your views. When cornered in a debate or at a loss of an explanation as to why someone don't agree or conform, you cry racist.
In some cases I'd dismiss this as the last resort of a weak mind. But, the aforementioned TV "news" personalities I think they actually believe that the tactic works.
Bottom line... you've watered down the word and it's effectiveness.  Nowadays, whenever it's thrown out there to try and deride a conservative, we all smile to ourselves knowingly, we've won.  

No comments:

Post a Comment